Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I REGISTER AND ENROL?
Simply click the add to cart button or the buy now button on the page of the course you want to enrol in.
Our online enrolment system accepts credit card payment.
Once you have clicked the add to cart button or the buy now button, you will be taken to the Short Course Enrolment Page:
- Enrolments are not confirmed unless you have received an enrolment confirmation.
- Online enrolments receive this to the registered email as soon as full payment is processed.
- Although an enrolment is secured once a receipt is issued, course confirmation is subject to adequate subscription and other factors.
HOW DO I PAY?
The National accepts the following methods of payment for Short Course enrolments:
- Visa, MasterCard
- Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit
- American Express
- Valid NAS Short Course Gift Vouchers
The National Art School does not accept cash, cheques or money orders as payment.
DISCOUNTS AND PAYMENT
Enrolment in a National Art School Short Course is dependent upon full payment of the relevant fee.
Early enrolment discounts are available on regular fees. These discounts are set by the Head of Public Programs and expire about six weeks prior to the commencement of the applicable program cycle.
Concession pricing is available to holders of a current Centrelink concession card, a NSW travel concession as defined by Transport or NSW, or are Alumni of NAS as defined: “Graduates of the NAS holding a degree, diploma or certificate of the NAS, including graduates of the art department of East Sydney Technical College, Sydney Technical College and Alexander Mackie College of Advanced Education (between 1975-1977); and former students who have successfully completed at least one year of full-time study on any of the award courses included above.”
WHAT IS A TERM/SCHOOL/WORKSHOP?
National Art School Short Courses are arranged into programs, namely:
- Terms There are four terms in each calendar year and classes are usually held once a week over several weeks.
- Schools There are two Schools each year, Summer School, and Winter School. Schools are run on a full-time intensive basis with classes taken for full days Monday-Friday.
- Weekend Workshops Taken full-time over a weekend, weekend workshops are an opportunity for students to introduce themselves into an art practice, increase their existing skills quickly, or add a supplementary skill to a longer Short Course they have studied with us.
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING BEFORE THE COURSE?
Please check the page for your course for any pre-reading or materials you will need before your first class. Students will receive more details information and materials requirements ahead of the course commencing.
WHERE ARE CLASSES HELD?
All classes are held on the grounds of the National Art School, easily accessible by public transport.
HOW DO I GET TO THE NATIONAL ART SCHOOL?
Conveniently located next to Taylor Square, NAS is located in the heart of Darlinghurst and is easily accessible by public transport.
By bike NAS is very close to the Bourke Street cycleway and we have ample bike racks.
By bus is a two minute walk from Oxford Street. Buses are frequent and easy to catch on Oxford Street, get off at Taylor Square and walk down Forbes Street to NAS.
By train is a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross station or Museum Station, exit the station at Hyde Park (the corner of Liverpool and Elizabeth Street) and head up Oxford Street to NAS.
As bus, rail and ferry timetables and routes can change, we suggest you visit the Transport for NSW trip planner before you set out.
IS THERE ANY PARKING?
There is no public parking available on-site, however paid parking is available on the surrounding streets and the St Vincent’s Hospital car park.
Should you require accessible parking, please contact the Public Programs Office via email@example.com prior to the commencement of the course.